General Work Visa:
The South African Government is committed to protect its people as far as employment is concerned. The Employer has to show that there is no South African citizen/ Permanent Resident available to fill that position. In most Work Permit applications, it will be required to submit a SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) Certificate.
This certificate is necessary to obtain when the applicant's degrees or diplomas has been obtained overseas. This certification will determine the equivalent South African degree for that profession. When you have studied or obtained a degree or diploma at a South African Institute, then a SAQA certificate will not be necessary.
General Work Visas are issued for a period of up to 5 years.
- All Visa Source Documents (as per page on top panel)
- A written undertaking by employer accepting responsibility for the costs related to the deportation costs of the applicant and dependent family members, when and if it became necessary.
- A written undertaking by the employer to ensure that the passport of the employee is valid at all times for the duration of the contract.
- A certificate from the Department of Labour confirming that - a) despite diligent search, the prospective employer has been unable to find a suitable citizen or Permanent Resident with qualifications, skills or experience to those of the applicant. b) the applicant has qualifications or proven skills and experience in line with job offer. c) the Salary and benefits of the applicant are not inferior to the average salary and benefits of citizens occupying similar positions in SA. d) A contract of employment stipulating the conditions of employment and signed by both employer and employee is in line with Labour standards. e) proof of qualifications evaluated by SAQA and f) Full particulars of the employer, proof of registration with CIPC (Company Registration Document).
- An undertaking by employer to inform the Director General if and when the employee no longer is employed in the company.
VFS Global: R 1,350.00
Gov. Fee: R 1,520.00