Permanent Residency Categories.
Please find underneath information and requirements on the selection of Permanent Residence Permit categories as stipulated in the Act.
All Categories mentioned underneath must have all Main Supporting Documents mentioned on Permanent Residence page on top panel plus the additional documentation mentioned under each category.
Section 26(a) - Work (5 years):
- Proof of 5 years continues Work Permit Status.
- Proof of registration with Professional body, board or council in Republic of SA, if applicable.
- Offer of Permanent Employment from Employer.
Section 26(b) - Spouse/Life Partner (2 years under new Act):
- Proof that applicant has been Spouse/Life Partner of SA Citizen/Permanent Residence Holder for 2 years.
- Declaration of Support by the SA Spouse/PR Holder for the Applicant.
- Certified Copy of SA ID document of SA Citizen.
- If Spouse is PR Holder, then Certified Copies of his/her PR Certificate and Passport.
Section 26(c) - Minor Dependent child under the age of 21:
- Consent of both Parents/Guardians, together with an undertaking to provide financial support to the Applicant.
Section 26(d) - Dependent child over the age of 21:
- An undertaking by the SA Citizen parents/ PR Holders to provide the required financial support to the Applicant.
Section 27(a) - Permanent Worker (General Work Visa):
- An offer of Permanent Employment
- An original clipping/copy not older than 4 months at the time of application, from the National Printed Media of the post advertised.
- Proof that the Application falls within the specific professional category or within the specific occupational class contemplated in Section 19(1) of the Act. ( SAQA certificate, Bench-marking Certificate, Certification from Department of Labour)
Section 27(b) - Critical Skills:
- Proof that Applicant falls within the Critical Skills category as published from time to time by the Minister by notice in the Government Gazette.
- If required by Law, certification of registration with a Professional Body, Council or Board.
- SAQA Certification
- Proof of post qualification experience of at least 5 years.
- Testimonials from previous employers.
- Comprehensive CV.
- A Letter of motivation indicating that the critical skills possessed by the applicant will be to the benefit of the SA environment in which he/she intends to operate and relates to the critical skill in question.
Section 27(c) - Business (New Business): R 5 million currently
- A Certificate issued by a registered Chartered Accountant or registered Professional Accountant to state that - a) at least an amount in cash as determined from time to time by the Minister, is available; or b) at least an amount in cash and capital is available to be invested in the Republic.
- A Business Plan outlining the feasibility of the business, both in the short and long term.
- An undertaking that at least 60% of the total staff compliment employed in the operations of the business are or shall be SA Citizens or Perm. Residents employed permanently in various positions.
- An undertaking to register with the South African Revenue Service (SARS).
- Proof of registration with the relevant professional body, board or council recognized by SAQA where applicable.
Section 27(c) - Business (Existing SA Business): R 5 million currently
- A Certificate issued by a registered Chartered Accountant or registered Professional Accountant to state that - a) at least an amount in cash as determined from time to time by the Minister, has been invested in the Business; and b) proof that at least 60% of the total staff compliment employed in the operations of the business are SA Citizens or Perm. Residents employed permanently in various positions.
- Proof of registration with the South African Revenue Service (SARS).
- Proof of registration with the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF).
- Proof of registration with Compensation Fund for Occupational Injuries and Diseases.
- Proof of registration with Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission (CIPC).
- Proof of registration with relevant professional body, board or council recognized by SAQA
- Financial statement in respect of the preceding financial year.
- A Partnership agreement, if applicable.
Section 27(e) - Retired Person:
- Proof of Pension Fund or Irrevocable Retirement Annuity or Net Worth or Combination of Assets realizing the minimum amount of R 37,000 per month as determined by the Minister.
Section 27(f) - Financially Independent:
- Proof of a net worth in the amount of R 12 million (Total Assets).
- Written undertaking to make payment of R 120,000 (1% of required amount) to the Director-General upon approval of the Application.
Section 27(g) - Relative:
- Proof of Kinship ( Birth Certificate / Paternity Tests) wihtin the first step between the applicant and the SA Citizen / PR Holder.